While exploring the vast world of Pinterest, I came across a recipe with rave reviews! This recipe was for cupcakes made with Blue Moon beer. Blue Moon is a beer known for its light, citrus taste. Needless to say, I immediately went out to the store to buy the ingredients. I found the exact recipe from the wonderful blog, Miss Make. Miss Make gives a detailed step by step, easy to follow recipe. The cupcakes turned out amazing! My whole family gobbled them up the moment they came out of the oven. Blue Moon cupcakes are a great addition to any party, just make sure you have some time to make them because the mixing and prep time is about an 1 hour and half! It is so worth it though. Try out the recipe yourself and tell me how your results turned out!
Blue Moon Cupcakes
3/4 c unsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 c sugar
2 1/2 c flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
2 drops red food coloring
10 drops yellow food coloring
1/2 tsp orange zest
1 c Blue Moon beer
1/4 c milk
small orange slices, for garnish
1. Line 24 cupcake trays with liners. [Use white liners if you can, they become translucent during baking and really sell the mini Blue Moon image]. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking power and salt.
2. In a large bowl beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar a little bit at a time, beating well. Once it’s all added beat for 2 more minutes.
3. Add eggs, beating after each.
4. Add vanilla, food coloring and orange zest and beat.
5. Mix beer and milk in a measuring cup. Alternatively add beer / milk mixture and flour mixture to butter mixture in the large bowl, beating after each. End on the flour mixture.
6. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake for 18 minutes at 375 degrees F until cupcakes are golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Once cool, frost each cupcake with a generous amount of frosting. Just before serving, garnish each with a small orange slice.
Frothy White Frosting
2 egg whites, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp orange juice
1 c sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 c water
1. In a saucepan, mix sugar, water and cream of tartar. Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla and orange juice until soft peaks form. Slowly add hot sugar mixture, beating continuously. Beat for 7 minutes until stiff peaks form.
Drum roll please…..
All images via stylinginsuburia.wordpress.com